I hate ID3 tags

I still have a good number of songs in my music collection that have poor or missing ID3 tages. I thought that, with 2008 nearing and all, perhaps somebody had finally made some progress on a tool for automatically fixing this stuff up. I tried iEatBrainz and MusicBrainz Picard and didn’t get very far with either one. I also found id3tool which is a very handy command line utility, for those who are familiar with sed, awk, and the like.

I learned about id3tool from this page. It includes some nice example shell scripts and points out that you need to select the songs you modified and choose “Get Info” to force iTunes to re-scan the ID3 tags of the selected songs.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s